11 May 2010

Ruby Tuesday #1: Mother's Day without Mom



Last Sunday was our first mother's day without mom. It is exactly seven months and three days today since she joined our Lord. We started our day by attending a special memorial mass at San Pedro College which was organized by the San Pedro Hospital Pastoral Team. Those who attended the mass were families of those patients who died in that hospital. It was a very emotional moment since it was like re-living the pain again. It helped though that everyone there share the same sorrows and sadness brought by the passing of a loved one.

In behalf of these families, one doctor thanked the pastoral team for not only taking care of the bodily needs of the patients during their confinement but also taking care of their spiritual needs. As a Catholic, we believe that the souls of those who passed need our prayers and that is the best thing we could do for them.

After the mass, we went to Gaisano Mall to have our lunch and went to buy flowers and cupcake for mom before visiting her grave. If she were alive, she would have been so excited that she'd immediately ask us where we would treat her for lunch or dinner since it is her special day. It's really true that life is so short and the time we spend with our loved ones are never enough. I wish I could spend time with mom even in my dreams. I really miss her and nothing can fill the void within me when she left. I will forever be missing you mommy. I love you always and forever. Happy Mother's day.

This is my first entry for Ruby Tuesday.

6 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Such a sympathatic post about your Mom and Mother's Day. Sorry your Mom isn't with you here on earth but you've kept her in your heart! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Mumsy said...

My condolences, but you know she is in your heart right?

Marice said...

awww i feel you.. been celebrating Mother's day without my mom too for almost 6 yrs now :(

Chie Wilks said...

sad to know about your mom and celebrating mother's day without here... although she is not with you physically but her memories stay...happy mother's day to your mom...

thanks for visiting mine

Ron Cooper said...

Very sorry for your loss. I also lost my Mom in 2009. This past Mother's Day was a difficult one.

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

salvy said...

Condolence..
Me too, just celebrated with the memories