04 June 2009

Chicco di Cafe

I finally discovered the best and by far the most addicting Rocky Road Brownies I have ever tasted only at Chicco di Cafe.

Last month, my sister went home for a week-long vacation as a much-needed work break. Undisputably, caffeine runs through our genes (I guess being coffee-holic is genetic or so I thought) we treated her to Chicco di Cafe, an ambiant coffee shop located in Roxas Avenue in Davao City. All of us haven't been to Chicco di Cafe so the vote was unanimous and so off, we go.

We just had our dinner at home so we decided to have small samplings of the cakes and coffee of course. We ordered Rocky Road Brownies and Moist Choco Cake, for our dose of coffee rush, we took Cafe au lait and Capuccino while I ordered Nutty Caramel Latte. The most unforgettable was the Rocky Road Brownies which tasted like sweet heaven.





We also brought our laptops with us so we can chat with our sissy who's working abroad. The wifi connection was pretty fast than what I expected and it's free. I noticed that most of the customers were students who are busy with their laptops which is not a surprise because there are several dormitories and boarding houses around the area. I also liked the idea that customers can choose their seats depending on the degree of comfort. There are sofas, cofee table for two or those who want do have their coffee al fresco can do so. I love the furniture and artistic pieces they use to accentuate the place.








As of late, there have been several new coffee shops that have been sprouting all over the city. The others like Tata Benito's have opened up a few more branches and this could mean that coffee shops are doing well in the city. Now, we can really say that Davaoenos really loved the laid-back lifestyle.

No comments: